Wednesday, March 08, 2006

The latest in changeling behaviors

Today's weird things to throw fits over:

I took our kitchen phone and mounted it on the wall. His reaction when he walked in and saw it a half and hour later: "I don't like it! I don't want to put the phone on the wall! I don't want to put the phone on the wall!!"

Three days ago I cut his nails. He was fine with it. Today, he was looking at them and he started yelling, "I don't want to cut my nails! I don't like to cut my nails! I don't want to cut my nails!"

Alrighty, then. How does one explain to a three year old that I can't go back in time and not cut his nails? I would have cut them anyway, of course, because hey, I'm Mommy. I'm in charge. Which is also why the phone is still on the wall where I put it.

But it was weird. I had to settle for telling him to go calm down in his room. He spends a lot of time in his room these days.

Seriously, he's so affectionate, funny, sweet, smart, obedient (most of the time). See the birthday post; he really is a darling. Then this weird stuff starts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

one word: changeling.

Sounds like micah

Anonymous said...

Can you imagine what it'll be like when they're 13???