My favorite things about my birthday:
The boy sang a very enthusiastic rendition of "Happy Birthday" to me, complete with little head tilts. Throughout the day he would randomly come up and hug me and say, "Happy birthday, Mama." He and my mom made a cake and he put the candles on it all by himself (then generously offered to help me blow them out). He bought me donuts as my gift, with the stipulation that I would be sharing them with him. And he and his Daddy picked out a card for me that bears a huge "I love you" on it, which is currently taped to our dining room wall where he points it out to me several times a day.
So I guess my favorite thing about my birthday this year was having a wonderful, sweet, affectionate three-year-old to share it with.
"I like birthdays. I like birthday cake." --the boy
No comments:
Post a Comment