Friday, December 02, 2005

Survey says...

I like these. They save me the trouble of having to come up with something interesting to talk about. Lifted from Julie and Clint...

HAVE YOU EVER:
Smoked a cigarette or tried it: Yes. Age 7? Around there. And that's why I don't smoke

Crashed a friend's car: No, but I made my friend Holly very nervous in high school flying down the Pali with her car.

Stolen a car: No, but I've had mine stolen.

Been dumped: Yes, so he could go out with my cousin. Fun times.

Shoplifted: Not on purpose. But I do own a Veggie Tales CD that I think they may not have charged me for. By the time I thought about checking on it I'd lost the receipt.

Been fired /laid off: No, I'm more likely to quit.

Been in a fist fight: I punched my brother in the nose once, but since he was only two and his method of fighting back consisted of screaming bloody murder and getting me in trouble I don't think it counts.

Snuck out of your parents' house: I don't think so, but I've snuck in many times after being out late. Okay, not really sneaking, but being very, very quiet.

Been arrested: Nope.

Gone on a blind date: Nope.

Lied to a friend: Yes.

Skipped school: During Senior year I was having a breakdown and Dad called out sick for me once and let me go have a fun day at the beach, Chuck E. Cheese's, and various tourist spots.

Seen someone die: Yes

Been to Canada: Yep, there's a picture of Crystal and me with one foot on either side of the border.

Been to Mexico: I don't think I ever made it! So much for living in L.A. for two years.

Eaten Sushi: Yum. Spicy ahi is the best.

Met someone in person from the internet: Yes, mostly from Bubbs but now from my Mom's groups.

Taken pain-killers: I'm very fond of my ibuprofen. There's a bottle in my purse, bathroom, car, and desk at work.

Had a tea party: I love tea parties! I need to have another one soon.

Cheated while playing a game: Probably, but not that I can remember. Ask my brother.

Fallen asleep at work: I used to fall asleep in front of my computer on a regular basis during the last few weeks of my pregnancy until my OB finally took pity on me and told me to take early maternity leave. Good thing too, since the reports I was submitting at that point were all gibberish.

Used a fake ID: I don't think so, but I think I might have borrowed an older person's once to get into a club. It's a very dim memory, so I guess it wasn't that much fun.

Felt an earthquake: Yes, both volcanic and California fault line. The volcanic was scarier because the cat knew it was coming and totally spazzed out right before it hit.

Touched a snake: I have no idea. Probably one of those little brown ones.

Been robbed: Car stolen, stroller stolen, car broken into and money taken.

Petted a reindeer/goat: Goat, all the time with the boy at petting zoos. Reindeer -- I don't think I've ever seen one in real life.

Won a contest: Yes, several. Most impressive was a pizza eating contest when I was a kid. The competition outweighed me by at least 20 pounds. All the other contests I won were boring.

Been suspended from school: No.

Been in a car accident: 5, I think. One fender bender that was my fault and didn't cause enough damage for the owner to even take my insurance. The rest I was a passenger or someone hit me. I did scrape my car down a concrete pillar a few months after I got my license.

Had braces: No. That's why I have an overbite and crooked teeth.

Eaten a whole pint of ice cream in one night: No, I think I'd get sick.

Witnessed a crime: I had a cousin who thought it would be fun to shoplift in front of her goody-two-shoes cousin (me--I know, so very hard to believe!). I ended up leaving her in the store hoping she'd get arrested, which would have been a bummer since she was graduating that night. I was driving and I almost left without her. Stupid for a few canisters of film.

Swam in the ocean: Almost from birth. My parents were beach people. =)

Sung karaoke: Oh, of course. I tend to favor Madonna's "Crazy For You" and various Elton John songs.

Paid for a meal with only coins: Sure, why not?

Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose: Am I the only one who has never done this?

Been kissed under mistletoe: Sadly, no.

Crashed a party: Yes, high school was fun.

Worn pearls: I inherited my Grandmother's pearl earrings.

Jumped off a bridge: Yes, into water. With my brother and cousins, I believe.

Ate dog/cat food: Yuck.

Kissed a mirror: Yes, it was good practice.

Glued your hand to something: I've glued my fingers together, does that count?

Done a one-handed cartwheel: Yes. It wasn't perfect, and neither was my wrist after I was done.

Talked on the phone for more than 6 hours: No. Maybe three hours is the longest, with my boyfriend (now husband) during an LDR.

Not taken a shower for a week: No. If I were stuck on a desert island, I think I'd miss soap more than any other convenience. I really hate being dirty.

Picked and eaten an apple right off the tree: No. Mango, yes.

Been told by a complete stranger that you're hot: I've been asked if I was hot, usually because I'm sweating. Never in a complimentary manner.

No comments: