Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas

It's time once again for our annual "try to pronounce this phrase" attempt. Ready? Julie?

"Mele Kalikimaka." Coming next week: Haouli Maka Hiki Hou

We are having a very nice Christmas so far, although hubby and I are running on only 4 hours of sleep. We spent the majority of the night assembling the boy's "Santa" gift, but the look on my baby's face when he saw it this morning was great!

Today I feel more like a parent than I ever have over the past (almost) three years. We have finally joined the ranks of parents who spend Christmas Eve with a screwdriver attempting to interpret weird diagrams with parts A, B, and 7. Part X into part E3. And so on.

And now, another parenting ritual: the video camera. We are off to see the boy's first Christmas pageant. I asked him what song he was singing and he started to sing something like "hoo hoo" or "cuckoo." I'm excited for him either way.

Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Hey, I was never the one who couldn't say Maylay Ka-leaky-mocka.

Jodi said...

I know, I just wanted to make sure you were practicing. ;)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the laugh. I felt the same exact way last night (New Year's Eve). We assembled Micah's trampoline for him to find this morning since we were in OK for Christmas.

So what did the boy get for Christmas?