Did you know you can throw a plastic shower curtain liner into the washing machine with some towels and it will come out looking beautiful and new? Shockingly true. Apparently, the agitation causes the towels to "scrub" the shower curtain clean.
I'd heard this a few times but I was skeptical. More, I wasn't willing to put my nice towels in as mildew scrubbers. Today I was feeling experimental and I happened to have a few white scrubbing towels that I've been using for cleaning, so ta da!!! Really clean, sparkling shower curtain.
I'm amazed at how good it looks. I also did the vinegar rinse cycle and stuck it in the dryer for 5 minutes, as recommended. The rinse seemed to go well, but the dryer produced an enormous chunk of clear plastic that I had to carefully peel apart into the shape of a shower curtain, so I don't know if I'd repeat the dryer step.
No comments:
Post a Comment