I'm off to my first day of statistics, which has proven itself to be the one subject I've taken that I cannot seem to wrap my brain around. I have dropped this class twice! Hopefully the third time is the charm.
I genuinely dislike this subject. It baffles me that any lower level math class should be so difficult for me to understand. I like math. I loved geometry, algebra, and the various upper level combos of the two. But I loathe statistics.
The previous teacher for this class reminds me of our high school teacher, Mr. Morisawa. They seem to be so caught up in equations, etc that they forget there are humans in the classroom on whom they are supposed to be imparting knowledge. Remember how Mr. M used to mutter to himself and work through equations on the board while we all just sat there watching him, without a clue as to what the heck he was talking about? This stats teacher was like that too.
So I think I will psych myself up for this class by pretending that the new teacher is wonderful and that motherhood has shifted my brain waves over enough to grasp stats in a way that I never could before.
Either that, or I will be calling Crystal lots and lots. It's not like she's busy or anything, with a toddler and one on the way. =)
Mean, meridian, average. Lather, rinse, repeat. Whatever. I just don't get it.
1 comment:
I remember how Mori-man would do that and how you poor things would look at each other like "What is he talking about? Huh?" I am still thankful that I had study hall so I could finish my homework for our other classes!
Dum da da dum....MORI-MAN!
Post a Comment