Today Ducky (also known as "the boy") had his first chest x-ray. All of us have been under attack from some weird virus for the last week, but his fever and cough have lasted so long I started to worry something was wrong. His doctor agreed and sent him in for lung images.
He had an amazing time and emerged from the x-ray room to announce to the people waiting outside, "That was fun." Sure it was! Mom had to wear a huge full-body apron, and he got a cute little orange one wrapped around his waist that I'm pretty sure he associated with a toolbelt ala Bob the Builder. I told him we were playing dress up then we were going to have our pictures taken. He responded to the "camera" with a big, toothy grin that I couldn't help laughing at. Even better, he's so little and those prints are so big that those cute little smiling teeth showed up nice and clear on the x-rays!
Fortunately his lungs are "beautiful" according to his pediatrician so all we need to worry about for the next few days are keeping his fever down, controlling his cough so he can sleep, and keeping his pain meds going so the headache and sore throat are kept at bay. Wow, that's a lot, but at least while I'm doing all that I don't have to worry about pneumonia.
It's no fun being sick, but as long as he doesn't hurt too much he's still in really good spirits -- cheerful and happy and lots of fun. That's more than I can say for hubby and I, since we both get pretty grumpy when we're sick. =) So aren't we lucky to have such a wonderful boy?
No comments:
Post a Comment