Friday, October 26, 2007

Is my face on fire?

Just a quick public service announcement for those of you with babies and those of you about to have babies....

If you should ever decide to engage in a flirtatious, indecent, far-too-detailed, outright lascivious conversation with your spouse regarding the prospect of marital activities, always make sure of the following:

1. The baby monitor 18 inches behind you is turned off.

2. The "crystal clear" receiver for said baby monitor is not up against your open kitchen window with the volume turned all the way up.

3. Your neighbors are not sitting out on their patio unwittingly though not unwillingly attending to the entire conversation.


Because that could be really, really embarrassing.

9 comments:

3boysmama said...

OH NO!!!!!
I am embarassed for you! I think my face is red too!

Julie said...

Oh my gosh! That's so funny.

By the way, how did you find out you were broadcasting and that the signal was being received?

Clint said...

*Tommy boy* That... was... AWESOME!

Jodi said...

I realized everything in slow motion, kinda like in the "Usual Suspects" when the cop figures out who Keyser Soze is. Only instead of the breaking coffee cup you see me slapping the monitor off. As if that could've helped.

We were definitely broadcasting, and anyone on the sidewalk outside or within a 15 foot radius of our window would have gotten a loud, clear earful. I can't say for sure whether the neighbors really were listening, all I know is I heard them sitting out there a few minutes before "the incident."

Jay thinks they had probably already gone back inside. Maybe. But I'm not going to ask.

Zintradi said...

well, if there's a baby boom around you in 9-10 months, you'll know you inspired some activity!!!

Jodi said...

LOL, Steph. Maybe they can name the baby after me. =)

3boysmama said...

zintradi is my brother.

Jodi said...

Oops, sorry Richard. And I knew that, too. Guess I confused "wabi" with "tradi" for a moment.

wabisabigirl said...

Um, yeah, I think we may have done something similar before:) I live in fear of baby monitors!