Thanks for the reminder, Cabcree!
Okay, this is a dragonfruit (scientific name: hylocereus polyrhizus). A person who still wants to eat it even after getting a good look at it should chill it well. Then they should slice it in half and scoop out all the fleshy white part. Then, eat.
I have done this, and I do not recommend it.
It's not a bad taste, but it's not good either. The texture is a lot like watermelon, but it doesn't have the sweetness. It's like watery tasting watermelon. The seeds and the rest of the taste test left me with a very kiwi-like feeling. I also had a mild allergic reaction, similar to the one I get from kiwi, so maybe they are of the same family.
Ya gotta wonder, though, what first tempted somebody to pick one of these and eat it!
4 comments:
I have heard the same with Durian fruit...
Except it apparantly has a particular smell...
You can probably find it there.
maybe they thought it was pretty and must taste good. Can you add anything to it to make it sweeter? like sugar or hone?
where di dyou get this from?
We got it as a gift from a neighbor, and I'm not sure where they got it from. I doubt we'll ever see it again, so it's hard to say what may improve it.
It was fun having it in the fridge for a while, though.
Post a Comment