If you have spent the last couple of years contemplating who "RB" is, than you are most likely well-aware of the significance of midnight tonight -- it's the Harry Potter launch. I'll be there, with wizard-wear on!
Yes, I'm one of those Christians who reads Harry Potter. Further, I'm one of those Christians who reads the Harry Potter books, owns the Harry Potter books, and only tolerates the movies as "adequate." And I will be there when the first box gets ripped open tonight. It is to be hoped my children will survive the bleary-eyed Mommy they will need to put up with over the next several days.
Still hoping none of the Weasleys end up being closet Death Eaters, and Ginny & Hermione both survive -- they're my favorites.
3 comments:
you know, I have never read a harry potter book? I've watched 1 or 2 movies and I don't really remember which ones they were.
I've now read them all. I'd recommend them. Good story.
I was SO right on who RB was. It was great to see where my predictions were right and where they were totally wrong. And the amazing way Jo wrapped it all up.
Best line in Deathly Hallows (IMO): "Really gives a feeling for the scope and tragedy of the thing, doesn't it?"
I think I could have written your post, also being one of those Christians.. and thinking the movies are pretty pale in comparison.
Post a Comment