Thursday, July 05, 2007

At the pool

When we were kids, we always heard dire warnings about how our guts would get sucked out if we ever sat on the pool pump. Who told us this I do not know, but we used to take off the cover and look at it and speculate about whether it was true or not. I kinda blew it off as an urban legend.

Apparently I was wrong.

And ew.

Editing to add: Okay, more information shows it's not funny. The poor little girl has to be fed intraveneously for the rest of her life.

2 comments:

Zintradi said...

It is in fact a serious matter, so much so that they changed the building code so that a pool has to have at least 2 drains on opposite ends of the pool so that if one gets clogged or someone sits on it, they wont get suctioned onto it.

Anonymous said...

oh! this is really sad!