Saturday, April 08, 2006

Our New Toy

I have vivid memories of a Christmas long ago when Jake got a Megatron Transformer and he brought it with him when we went out to breakfast that morning. I managed to get it away from him for a while but I never could figure out to go completely from gun to robot. I still consider Megatron the most complicated Transformer -- I never had problems with Optimus Prime, etc.

And now it's 2006, and we're too old for Transformers. Or not. The newest resident of our house goes from Sith Lord to Tie Fighter, and although the boy loves it, the purchase was really for his Daddy. And I've been playing with it quite a bit too.

Now I want Boba Fett, but I think my husband is leaning more towards Darth Maul. Maybe I'll get it for him for Father's Day.

2 comments:

3boysmama said...

Totally remember richard's transformers. If you still have the old ones, I guess they are valuable since they are made out of metal and not plastic....(just like beany babies are going to make you a fortune)

Anonymous said...

I don't have those old transformers, but you should see my display cabinet of more recent transformers :-)
I seem to be facinated with Optimus Prime as I have 3 different versions of him including the 13" tall 20th anniversary model.