Sunday, June 12, 2005

Fear leads to hesitation, hesitation to saving $9.00

I confess -- I am afraid to go see Revenge of the Sith.

I have been a Star Wars fan since I was a child. Although I would never consider myself a fanatic, I have to admit to having seen Episodes 4-6 so many times I could probably recite them. I own a lightsaber. I think R2-D2 is cool and I miss the R2 night light my brother had when we were little (it even played the Star Wars theme!). Darth Vader is currently on my keychain.

However, episodes 1 & 2 have left me frustrated and more than a little apprehensive about where ROTS will go. Will Anakin continue to whine so much I will begin to entertain fantasies of Amidala knocking him upside the head? Will the story finally circle around to perfectly mesh with A New Hope or will I be annoyed by things left out or contradicting the original films?

I'll probably go see it. Hubby wants to go and no doubt I'll regret it if I don't. Jake says it was good. Okay, I've talked myself into it. So much for saving $9.00!

1 comment:

Julie said...

You'll be bothered by inconsistencies and the horrible, horrible dialogue. BUT...it is better than eps 1 & 2 (which isn't saying much), and Anakin is quite a bit less whiny.

Go to a matinee.