Today was a hot, humid day. The kind of day where you start to feel sticky just 15 minutes after you get out of the shower. It was pretty uncomfortable.
Then about an hour ago it began to rain. Pouring, pounding rain. The kind of rain that is so loud you have to raise your voice to be heard over it. The kind of rain that has little rivers running down the sidewalks past my house. The kind of rain that hits the ground so hard it is bouncing up into my living room, which is three feet away.
In short, it's my favorite kind of rain! I could sit in front of a window for hours just listening to it, but I prefer going out and splashing, jumping, and sliding. Instead, I'm sitting here watching the rain and missing my brother, who was always my rain playmate. Our parents were never the "stay inside and keep dry" types. They always let us go out and splash as long as we took a hot shower and got into dry clothes immediately when we came inside.
If I could get someone to watch Daniel, I'd whisk Josh out there in a second. I want him to have great rainy day memories too.
2 comments:
oh! so cool. hope you can take Josh out soon for that. my cuz just take her babe out for a rainey day. Love the rain.
I remember those rainy days...
they usually happened when I was walking home from school. I remember how drenching it was and how good it felt to get home and have a hot shower.
Up here there's rain.... miserable,
cold, drizzling rain... for 9 months out of the year...
Post a Comment