Our jackson chameleon was discovered literally belly-up last week. Jay found him and came in to tell me about it. A few seconds later, Leo's little moribund body was discovered by Josh, who was technically his "owner." The following conversation ensued:
boy: MOM! I THINK LEO IS DEAD!
mom: Oh, honey, I'm so sor-
boy: Because he's not MOVING!
mom: How sad, I thi-
boy: AND he is UPSIDE DOWN!
mom: I guess he really is de-
boy: And his eyes aren't doing THIS anymore! (rolls eyes around and around)
mom: Oh, yeah? (finally having learned that any longer sentence will be cut off)
boy: And he's covered with ANTS!
mom: Uh huh.
boy: And they are EATING him!
(pause)
boy: Mom, do you think he is dead?
mom: Well, it's hard to say for sure, but I'm thinking "yes."
1 comment:
That was tooo funny, reading Josh's responses. Especially the eye rolling. =)
Very sad about leo, however.
Post a Comment