Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

Some of my favorite thoughts on Moms:

Why I'm a stay-at-home-mom:
If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do matters very much. ~Jackie Kennedy

Why I love being a stay-at-home-mom:
Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs... since the payment is pure love. ~Mildred B. Vermont

Just funny:
It would seem that something which means poverty, disorder and violence every single day should be avoided entirely, but the desire to beget children is a natural urge.
~Phyllis Diller

Been there, done that:
You don't really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around - and why his parents will always wave back. ~William D. Tammeus

And this one, because it is the perfect description for my Mom:
Sweater, n.: garment worn by child when its mother is feeling chilly.
~Ambrose Bierce

No comments: