Somebody downtown just went through one of my worst nightmares.
And someone on Maui went through another one. This phobia, by the way, is the reason we rarely go to the beach anymore. Jay used to take me all the time in high school...he's really good at body boarding. Then he had his own close encounter (long story), and that was it.
I'm not too fond of sharks either. I know that there are more drownings than shark attacks, etc, but I have some control over whether or not I drown because I'm a very good swimmer and I don't do stupid things near the ocean. Sharks, on the other hand, are too unpredictable.
Scary news day.
3 comments:
ok, let me get this straight.... you LIVE in Hawaii.... yet do not like the beach.... hmmmm
why don't you move to vegas then??? :-)
I know, I know, there's a lot more to hawaii than the beach , blah blah blah...
Wow! That was exactly where we were staying! How scary! I know that drowning is more common than FATAL shark attacks, but ANY kind of shark attack would be scary for me too!!
What happened to jay??
Post a Comment