Monday, March 19, 2007

Need Prayer

Here I am coming to you from the Ronald McDonald Family room at the pediatric hospital. Daniel, who is currently beside me in a stroller, was admitted early Sunday for breathing difficulties and an accelerated heart rate. After numerous tests, they are unable to tell us what is wrong with him.

It is very scary and I am pretty much freaking out. It is possible there isn't anything bad at all -- he could just be dealing with the outside world, fast weight gain, and a stuffy nose by having these symptoms. Or it's also possible there is something bad. His lungs and heart look ok so far so I'm trying to be optimistic that at least those are probably ok. It's just that he's so little and it's so frightening that an entire staff of a level three children's hospital is calling it a "medical mystery." They have group that consults together and recommends a course of action (think "HOUSE"), which I would find funny under other circumstances.

I'd try to email you all individually (sorry Julie and Crys) but I don't like to take him off the heart monitors for too long to come here. Still, I did want to ask for prayer and let everyone know what is going on. Poor baby is gasping here even as I type, so I'll sign off

4 comments:

3boysmama said...

I was worried that you were still there when I couldn't get ahold of you yesterday. I'll try calling the hospital today.

I am speechless with tears. I will pray for the doctors and little Daniel.

Julie said...

Praying...

love and hugs from way over here.

Anonymous said...

I did a search on "gives breath" and found a passage that I hope will comfort you. I'm also praying for Daniel, you, and the family.

Isaiah 42:5-12
This is what God the Lord says-- he who created the heavens and stretched them out, who spread out the earth and all that comes out of it, who gives breath to its people, and life to those who walk on it: "I, the Lord, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles, to open eyes that are blind, to free captives from prison and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness. "I am the Lord; that is my name! I will not give my glory to another or my praise to idols. See, the former things have taken place, and new things I declare; before they spring into being I announce them to you." Sing to the Lord a new song, his praise from the ends of the earth, you who go down to the sea, and all that is in it, you islands, and all who live in them. Let the desert and its towns raise their voices; let the settlements where Kedar lives rejoice. Let the people of Sela sing for joy; let them shout from the mountaintops. Let them give glory to the Lord and proclaim his praise in the islands.

Clint said...

Jess and I are praying for the little guy too.