Here he is again! There's been no change in his heartbeat or breathing, but we are proceeding on with life as usual because....well, what else can we do? We spend our days just like any other family with a newborn and a four year old. It is still scary watching him breathe, but I am happy he's breathing and he appears to be doing well.
That said.....
In my last post I indicated I thought I had done everything possible for Daniel medically. It took me a few days to realize that's not really true. I love our pediatrician and I have a great deal of faith in her, but I'm not going to leave my baby's health on a "wait and see" approach when there are other avenues available. It's been more than a week, so it's past time to take a more active approach.
I don't know why I didn't think of this before -- I guess stress, lack of sleep, post-partum hormones, etc had my brain a little fried.
I have been in contact with an acquaintance on the East coast who is a pediatric cardiologist and she doesn't think there are any problems with his heart. However, over the phone isn't the best way to diagnose problems. So if Daniel is still having problems at our next appointment I'm going to get our pediatrician to refer us to another pediatric cardiologist, a pediatric pulmonologist, and an ear, nose and throat specialist.
I have been in contact with an acquaintance on the East coast who is a pediatric cardiologist and she doesn't think there are any problems with his heart. However, over the phone isn't the best way to diagnose problems. So if Daniel is still having problems at our next appointment I'm going to get our pediatrician to refer us to another pediatric cardiologist, a pediatric pulmonologist, and an ear, nose and throat specialist.
We are going to start seeing specialists until somebody can tell me what is going on. We're also going to test for chromosonal and metabolic problems.
If you are still praying for us, thank you! Please do continue to pray for my little Danny. I am still praying this will turn out to be nothing, but there is still the chance there might be a real problem.
In the meantime, he's growing and getting cuter everyday. He's starting to lose his newborn look and is more "baby" -- that is, he is beginning to do more than just eat, sleep, and poop. Josh adores him, and we do too.
3 comments:
I have been praying! I do hope you find an answer that you can work with.
Good plan about the specialists. I was going to suggest an ENT.
after you've gone through this, it could be an episode for Discovery health channels "mystery diagnosis"
Post a Comment