This is a few weeks old but for some reason I didn't post it.........
-------------------------------------
Josh is very excited about his birthday party and has grand plans for cake, ice cream, pinatas, and what he thinks he's getting. I'm wishing his birthday was further away from Christmas, since he already has far too many toys.
I'm so surprised that he's four already. I had some goals for four, but I can't remember what they were. I didn't write them down! I do try to make a point of noting where he is at each birthday, and since I'll never take the time to write it out manually, here's where it's going to go. Hopefully blogger will stay up long enough for me to get around to copying it into a book. I'm listing accomplishments, so if you're not into hearing Mommies talk about their kids, stop reading here.
He knows all his letters and sounds, and can write about half of them well.
He writes his own name very well, and can copy other names or words with anywhere from 50%-100% accuracy. (He wrote my church nametag last week and it read Jadi instead of Jodi.)
He can read most words that are spelled logically (and, cat, dog, papa, mom, go, big, pillow, etc), although he does need helping sounding out the longer words. He can read most three letter words with no help at all. (Thank you, Word Whammer.)
He knows many longer words now by sight. (His name, Walmart, train, Mililani) Yes, I know the Walmart one is sad. =(
Um....numbers....he can count to 85. I know this from time outs when I make him count! He hasn't got into big trouble lately, so I haven't been able to test to see if he can get to 100. =)
He recognizes numbers 1-10, but he switches 2 and 5 a lot. Sometimes he can guess at double digits, but mostly 33 is three-three in his world for now. I think this is one area I didn't work with him as much as I could have.
Bad mommy stuff: He says "I very want to do X" or "I very missed you" etc. This has been going for about a month now, and it's continuing because I think it's cute and haven't bothered to correct it. He also still refers to instructions as "constructions" for the same reason. I'll get around to correcting him before he leaves for college, but for now it's still a precious leftover of toddlerhood for me!
He prays every night before bed and before all meals. He loves his Bible stories, and his current favorites are the grown-up Jesus stories. He likes to tell people about how Jesus walked on water. I don't think he quite grasps the Gospel and a need for a Savior, although we have talked about it a few times. He gets the "everybody has done bad things" concept, but doesn't understand forgiveness yet. He often brings up Jesus on the cross and how sad it is, but I haven't got him to connect the reason behind it to anything yet.
Today, he asked me if I was Jesus's kid. I said yes. Then he asked my Mom and my Grandpa. Then he announced that we are ALL Jesus's kids and Jesus loves us SO much.
He can ride his bike and scooter alone, but has a hard time with hills. Going both up and down. So unless we find a completely flat surface, we're still helping. He's getting a basketball hoop for his birthday, so he and his Daddy can spend quality time learning to aim. =)
Current toy obsession: Transformers. Second place: Cars, featuring Lightning McQueen.
He likes to help me cook. His favorite things are making pancakes and preparing breading flour for porkchops, chicken, etc. Oh, and he loves to make Kool Aid, although that doesn't happen much since I don't let him have juice most of the time. He also enjoys cracking eggs, making smoothies in the Magic Bullet, and making toast.
He is finally keeping his room clean, and has recently been really anal about throwing his clothes in the laundry basket. I think he's not brushing his teeth as well as he should be, and I have not monitored him as much as I should have. I'm hoping not to be shocked at his next dentist appointment.
No comments:
Post a Comment