Sunday, January 21, 2007

DA Bears!

I've never been a huge sports fan. The only team I've every followed hasn't seen a Superbowl in 21 years. But now I am pleased to announce that the have finally made it!

The year DA Bears won the Superbowl I was in 6th grade and not all that fascinated with football. I was, however, quite enamored with the Bears and in particular the Superbowl Shuffle. I liked McMahon, the "Refridgerator" Perry, Payton, and Mike Singletary.

And I loved the Superfans!!! One of my favorite SNL skits ever was the one where the Superfans mourn the loss of Mike Ditka.

However, today it has become clear that although nostalgia is lovely, nothing is quite as we remember it. For instance, I remember the Superbowl Shuffle as being extremely cool. But after watching it this afternoon I just had to laugh. Of course, we are talking about 20+ years ago, but still....some of those dudes just couldn't dance.

No matter. Go Bears!

No comments: