I got a 102 --the highest possible score-- on that exam. Yes!!!
It's an odd thing. This subject has never made any sense to me, even when I tried to study it on my own, but now it's perfectly clear to me. I can't believe I thought it was so difficult only a month ago.
I think I'm going to have to bake this woman some cookies or something. She has managed to 1) make the class interesting 2) assign homework that actually increases knowledge of the subject for the homework-doer and 3) explain everything in class clearly enough so that I can refer back to my notes and get a great picture even under less-than-ideal studying circumstances (see previous post).
I know this doesn't seem like such a big deal, particularly to those of you I went to high school with who are accustomed to me getting good grades. But this subject had me by the throat and was one of the primary reasons I was avoiding finishing classes -- I wasn't sure I could get through it. I guess there was a big psychological block there. I'm so relieved to discover that not only can I do it, I'm GOOD at it. Tonight I understood everything that was said and I caught myself thinking how it was fun. Fun! Last month if you told me I'd think stats was fun I would have laughed at you.
So...breakthrough for me. Yay! Maybe I can actually finish school now.
No comments:
Post a Comment