Friday, October 21, 2005

2:33 am

I'm tired and I'm out of tea. Mostly, I'm too tired to go make anymore and anyway I don't want to be up all night spazzing once I'm done studying.

I have a midterm tomorrow and I don't know if I'm studying for it correctly, since it's going to be mostly essay and I really have no idea what she's going to ask. Therefore I'm studying everything, which is time-consuming to say the least.

So...since my latest edition of Child magazine recommends singing when one is tired (refreshes your intake of air, gives you extra oxygen) I've been sitting here rotating equivocation fallacies with "Singing in the Rain," which is the only song I can think of right now. *yawn* It's not working.

On another note, I've been assigned a research paper on "a controversial topic that you have not made a decision on." Yeah, because since I'm not the least bit opinionated there's a wealth of those to choose from! I'm going to have to dig up something really lame, like whether or not the state government should try to kill off the loud, illegally imported frogs that are keeping people awake at night. You know, critical issues for our society. Stuff that I haven't chosen a side on because I couldn't care less. That should be a stimulating research project!

I'll be happy to take recommendations if you can discover 1) something controversial that 2) there's lots of research material for on both sides that 3) I probably haven't heard of. Piece of cake, right?

Okay, back to equivocation. Maybe if I type it out enough times I'll actually remember what it is.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I'm tired and I'm out of tea.

This is a good opening line for a short story. You should write it in all your free time.

Jodi said...

It's probably going to have to be toddler or school-based, since I apparently have no brain room left for anything else. I'll try to throw one together and send it to you.