All right, I've encountered difficulties blogging. Why? I like to write, but there is often little of interest going on, even to people who love me.
Friday: took care of toddler; napped because I'm sick and not sleeping well due to coughing and due to a sick, unhappy toddler who keeps waking himself up coughing; canceled a dinner party due to our quarantine
Saturday: took care of toddler; work
Sunday: cleaned up after puking toddler, carried toddler around house all day because he was sick and sad and needed Mommy comfort, went to work
See? Not exactly the stuff of great dramas. Yet it doesn't cover what really goes on. I'm happy! I've been happy these three sick days too. To help you understand this, I'll add some details.
He is so sweet and funny, even when he's feeling sick. He is an amazing and wonderful little boy. He came up to me and announced he had thrown up on his ABCs and he was sorry. Then he added that he "didn't have a towel" because he knows when he's about to puke I usually try to catch it with a towel. Isn't that cute? And isn't it gross?
It tears at my heart that he feels compelled to come and apologize to me for being sick. I don't know where he got it from, since we never scold him or punish him for throwing up! Maybe it's because I was so frustrated when he dropped his orange juice on the floor last week and he's associating the two. (By the way, it may interest you to know that orange juice has the amazing ability to bounce as far as 4 feet from its point of origin, in some remarkably spectacular patterns).
When I go rushing over to him after he's been sick he pats me on the back and says, "I okay." When he's feverish and I'm wiping him down with a cool washcloth he carefully takes it from me and spreads it out on his tummy, then announces, "There. I did it." When he's exhausted from fever and general sickness he comes to me and says, "I tired. Time to night-night." Then he climbs into his bed, carefully arranges Mr. Cow on his pillow, waits for me to tuck them both in, and closes his little eyes to sleep.
He also sings when he's bored. I wonder where he gets that from. Today's favorite was "I'm So Blu-u-ue" from Madame Blueberry.
I love being a Mom. It is an amazing privilege to take care of this child. Even better, to have him trust me to do it and love me. Wow.
I guess I did have something to say after all. But I still have to go do the dishes.
No comments:
Post a Comment