Wednesday, June 17, 2009

H1N1 Results

Yep, we all had "swine flu." We were interviewed by the Hawaii Department of Health today to trace down the source of the virus, etc. Lots of fun.

In the meantime, we seem to have all emerged pretty well. Daniel never got very sick, only having a 101 fever for two days. Josh and I hit the 103 area for around two days each and then started getting better immediately. Jay got the worst of it -- he never felt as bad as we did and his fever wasn't as high -- but since he didn't rest, etc during the peak of the illness he now has walking pneumonia. He's on antibiotics and an inhaler and seems to be on the mend.

Did you know that H1N1 is considered contagious for 7 days after onset? We sure didn't. We returned to our normal activities as soon as we were all feeling better. I went back to work within 3 days and we went to church (with the boys in Sunday School) within 5 days. Oops. No wonder this thing spreads so fast!

I'm thankful we are all feeling better and I hope we didn't spread it around inadvertently.

1 comment:

wabisabigirl said...

Yeah, I'm always paranoid about those kinds of things so I tend to add a few days onto the end just to make sure!! Most people aren't very careful though:)