Josh is currently on "fall break." I find a break in the middle of October to be strange, but I don't want to complain about it because when I do, I hear the "old geezer" voice whining "When I weres a lil girl, we walked 10 miles to school in the snow. Both ways." So I won't. But it's weird.
Anyway.
Break is 17 days long, and by 9 am on day 1 I was running out of answers to the "What can I do next?" question. Evidently "go play with your toys" or "go read a book" aren't specific enough, and crafts, bike riding, and playing with his brother didn't kill enough time. I had a very bored child on my hands and the last thing I want to do was plant a couch potato during his break time. So we had to get creative.
So far we've been to the water park, the beach, and Chuck E. Cheese's. It's only Wednesday and already this child is brown as a berry (whatever that means) and loaded to the gills with fun, fun, fun. Still on the agenda: the world's biggest maze, the zoo, getting shaved ice, going to the shopping center that has the good pet store, making a mummy pumpkin, and some other stuff I can't remember right now. But not to worry, he'll remember the whole list. He's got it memorized and reminds me constantly of which things we have left to do.
In the meantime, I'm still working my normal hours plus some -- there's no "fall break" for mommies, and fun can be tiring! I've also got a small patch of skin just below my neck that I somehow missed when I put on my sunscreen today. Now it's a lovely, bright pink color and it feels like it's on fire. So I'm off to cut into my aloe plants for a soother then I'm heading for bed!
3 comments:
Awe, sounds fun! :) Kiss and squish the babies for me!
It does sound fun. I need a fall break like that.
Isn't he on year round schedule?
I read on a blog this summer about a mom who makes a list of all the things her kids can do around the house. Then when they come whining to her she points to the list on the fridge. Your list sounds good too!
Post a Comment