Thursday, September 11, 2008

Pendulum swing



I'm not sure what it says about me that I'm glad the school is covering topics like Satan and hell, but I'm livid that they showed footage of 9/11 to the kids that has resulted in Josh drawing this picture. But I am livid! And sad!

Did we need to teach the 5 year olds that people that day were so desperate to escape an inferno they resorted to flinging themselves out of windows and plunged 80 stories to their horrifying deaths? There wasn't a better way to teach the story of 9/11 ?

Seriously, I'm so mad I can barely see straight.

3 comments:

Zintradi said...

yeah... I remeber the film they used to show at the Arizona memorial before you go on the boat (maybe they still show it)
It showed planes bombing ans hips blowing up, but not people on fire or getting shot up ( i'm sure there's footage out there)
The idea of people indiscriminately flying an airplane into a building is bad enough... they could have saved the fact of people jumping to their deaths for jr high or something.

Clint said...

That's just so age-inappropriate. Those facts are indeed important to know but only for people old enough to handle that kind of information. Children should never be exposed to that. You should go kick some butts.

wabisabigirl said...

Yeah, that seems a little inappropriate to be showing/teaching young kids. Those are some horrible images that I'll never be able to get out of my mind. I'm sure there was a better way to teach that...