Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Lucky Me

I've been down for the count for much of the week with one of my semi-annual colds, complete with long-lasting, keep-you-up-all-night hacking cough. That cough is famous, by the way. Julie can regale you with a tale about how she got an extension on an English paper because she convinced her professor she couldn't get any sleep (and therefore could not write a paper) because her roomie's cough was keeping her up all night. I would like to note here that I, the actual sick person, did NOT receive any extensions on any papers. But then again, I had Cavin that semester, and she was not known for giving extensions.

Anyway, I get these often enough that I already know how to deal with them and they have simply blended in as a part of life, so I'm not complaining. But they do knock me out and cause me to lose my voice, so things are a bit nutty around here. It's hard to reign in a 4 year old when he can't hear you calling him. Gesturing frantically doesn't work, since it's not like he's constantly watching me to see if I'm calling him.

On the up side, Daniel thinks it's hysterically funny that Mommy is always whispering to him. He thinks it's a great new game. =) And fortunately both boys are sleeping right through Mommy's coughing.

Now all I have to do is get a whistle.

No comments: