The last few weeks have been a little crazy, with a number of high-stress situtations that evidently have robbed me of brain function. So far, I've done the following:
-Accidentally parked in my neighbor's space and left my car there all night, leaving them with nowhere to park.
-Put a straw I was getting out for Josh into the fridge with the egg cartons.
-We were taking things out of the house in preparation for fumigators. Garbage bags came in handy for carrying bulky stuff. Until I accidentally piled all the kids' sheets and blankets into a garbage bag that was already half full of trash. Specifically, trash created from my just having finished emptying the refrigerator. Yuck.
-Removed or wrapped everything edible in my house, except the six large canisters sitting in plain sight on my kitchen counter, thereby poisoning all of our sugar, tea, flour, and coffee.
-I had packed all our frozen stuff into my Dad's freezer for the duration of the fumigation. Like the efficient person I am, I had a special freezer bag available for transporting the stuff back and forth while keeping it frozen. After we were able to get back into the house, I filled the freezer bag back up and brought it home. Where I promptly put it down under the dining room table and forgot it until the next day, when it was all a mushy, defrosted mess. So much for my homemade baby food.
-Lost my keys.
-Lost Jay's keys, which I was using because I couldn't find my keys.
-Locked myself (and the kids) out of the house, forcing me to walk over to my Dad's to hunt up a spare.
I'm not sure if this means I need Calgon, or I need a CT scan. Doesn't matter, cause I'm not getting either!!!
It's Monday, so I'll just start over.
5 comments:
Are you sure you're not pregnant again?
(-:
My wife calls this Bad JuJu, which she claims to have in spades...
If it's going to happen, it will happen to her.
Richard - Cool to have a name for it. Not that I'll remember it, the way things are going!
Julie - Bite your tongue! (=
You know I thought the same thing Julie posted... but I wasn't going to say it.
So my next comment would be, "ah, a new mom again."
the brain cells DO come back, but they fade out again with astonishing rapidity and unpredictability. It's like having hot flashes of brain activity--except you're in the dark.
...i meant to console and encourage, but obviously this hasn't been worded well. nuts.
I would offer some advice, but I have none as these are all things exactly I would do.
I think you need a vacation. To see a new baby. In washington. Or indiana.
=)
On the up side, maybe now you can keep food in the pantry again?
Post a Comment