Friday, June 22, 2007

I love my babies

That pretty much covers it. I just got through reading some horrible stories of critically ill and dying kids, so I have to stop and think of how much I love my boys and how amazingly blessed I am to have them.

They are my joy and my life, and being their Mom is the best job in the world. Lately I've been wondering how it would be to go back to work and get a "real" job, complete with fat paycheck and lots of grown-ups. But the more I think about it the more I know I don't want that.
My children will only be little for a short time and I'm going to enjoy every single day. There'll be time to pursue other things after they're off to college. But if I miss these early years, there is no getting them back.
Josh is reading stories like "Dan Ran" and "Fat Cat, Fat Rat." By himself! Daniel is rolling over and "singing" to me. Josh picked me a bunch of flowers and said, "I love you, Mama." Daniel stayed up all day long, and when I approached him with an exasperated expression and was about to ask him why he wasn't napping, he treated me to a gummy, ear-to-ear grin. Earning a paycheck and putting my degree to work could never make up for me missing those moments.

So from now on, I am not apologizing for not being the ambitious career woman I always thought I'd be. The IQ points are not wasted, they're just put to work raising kids.

I'm a proud stay-at-home mom.

3 comments:

wabisabigirl said...

I totally understand and agree!:) I've always known I wanted to stay home with my kids, but I've talked to several (older) people recently who have confided in me how much they regret not being home with theirs when they were young...one because they couldn't and one because they didn't want to (at the time). The sweet little baby and kid things they do and say are so cute and it's such a blessing to be able to be there for all of it!

Erin said...

they are such beautiful boys, jodi! i am glad to hear that daniel is healing. i am so glad to be able to read about you and the boys!!

Jodi said...

Thanks, Okas!