Sunday, April 01, 2007

Dirt

After church we usually have what's known as "fellowship time," which is essentially hanging out after the service chatting and drinking coffee. I usually try to station myself in a spot that affords a view of the entire area, so that I can let Josh run around with his friends while still keeping an eye on him. We can have eye contact with adults for a few seconds, look up to see where the kids are, then go back to our conversations. We have found that looking away for more than 30 seconds is really asking for trouble.

Today I was scanning for him and I couldn't see him or his friend Jude. I was jumping up to go hunt for them when they suddenly appeared -- they had been on their hands and knees behind a table, digging in the dirt. Before I could figure out what they were doing they suddenly flung their hands up into the air and were showered with dozens of tiny leaves. Laugh hysterically, dig for more leaves, repeat.

I love having boys!

No comments: