Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Three and counting

We're still waiting for the little one to decide to check out the world from an upright, air-breathing perspective. I'm a little disappointed because my Dad will be gone for the next two weeks and will almost certainly miss baby's birth and first few days. Dad and I are close and I'm just sad that he won't be here for my son's arrival.

But -- Dad's on a trip that he has been very excited about and I hope he will really get a lot from it. He's on a humanitarian mission and will be traveling all over Indonesia, which has recently been experiencing terrible flooding that has left many people homeless. So instead of feeling sad that he won't be here for me I'm trying to be pleased that he's going to be doing something important that will positively impact so many people who need help. Please keep him in your prayers the next few weeks as he and others with him try to bring help in whatever ways they can.

On another positive pregnancy note, I'm enjoying our last few days as a family of three. Josh and I have been playing together, working on writing numbers, singing, etc. The three of us have gone out to dinner as a family, and have been able to peacefully finish our meals without interruption. We've chosen and planted trees, picked out some outdoor furniture, and are currently plotting out our front and back yards. Josh is having a great time and has planted roses, grass, and a couple of other plants over the past few days. He's having a great time. I'm happy that I've been able to devote so much time to him during these past few weeks.

Now all we have to do is work on the transition from "attention-getting only child" to "big brother."

1 comment:

Clint said...

Hey Jodi! I don't really have a comment on your impending family growth but I needed to let you know that I need your email... or you can email me. cburson at gmail dot com.