Sunday, February 18, 2007

Dreams

Last night I dreamed I had to put together a last minute dinner to impress somebody that we were supposed to be doing business with. For some reason I chose to make corned beef and cabbage. (I have no idea why I chose this particular meal -- it's one of my childhood favorites but I don't think I'd ever make it for company unless I was throwing a St. Patrick's Day party or something. Certainly it's not what I'd choose to impress someone. But I digress.)

Several bites in my partner (in some unknown business I own) discovered a severed thumb in the ricotta cheese. This poses two questions.

1. Why would a severed thumb look exactly like a big lump of ricotta cheese until you tried to spear it with a fork?

2. Why did I put ricotta cheese into corned beef and cabbage?

I woke up a little relieved that I hadn't actually eaten thumb-flavored ricotta cheese and a little bummed out that I wouldn't be get a hefty financial settlement from the ricotta cheese-making people.

No comments: