The boy was "playing" piano with my Mom today and they decided to go through the piano bench to select some music. While doing so they unearthed my sheet music for Tiffany's "I Think We're Alone Now," an item which got Crys and I in a lot of trouble during 8th grade band practice a hundred years ago.
Dorky band teacher that conducts with scissors +
former Beatle's song sung by hot young teeny bopper =
two clarinet-playing 8th graders stuck listening to a very boring, very stupid lecture
I can't remember exactly what he said, although I bet Crystal does. I just remember that was the year I started thinking that our school didn't have very good hiring standards.
Okay, it wasn't a hundred years ago. It was 18, which somehow sounds worse! And I still have the clarinet.
3 comments:
Next time I'm there we'll have to haul out the clarinet and the sheet music!
I was counting on you to remember what mr. nichols said. Did it involve demerits?
I don't think we got demerits, but we probably wouldn't have cared much either way. I seem to remember most of what he was complaining about was based on the Beatles involvement. ??
I do remember we laughed a lot, so it couldn't have been anything profound!
oh BTW it wasn't the Beatles.
Post a Comment