I am not having twins.
Yes, thank you, I know I am big.
Yes, as a matter of fact, I am uncomfortable. Thank you for inquiring.
No, stranger on the elevator, I am not worried about having a huge baby. Thanks for bringing it up.
Yes, again, I am sure there is only one in there.
Yes, stranger at the jewelry store, I am sure about my due date. I know you think I look full-term, but I think I'm going to go with my doctor's opinion over yours. Would you care to see my medical file?
I am about to start lying to people and telling them I am due next week. Or just start telling them I'm having triplets. I wish people would either shut up and mind their own business or just say "Congratulations" and walk away. On the other hand, the events of the past week could probably be compiled into an interesting book.
I don't know why pregancy makes perfect strangers think it's okay to delve into the state of my uterus.
5 comments:
I didn't even know you were expecting. CONGRATS!!!! If I could see you, I'd tell you that you look great! (If you want to make these nosy people feel guilty, tell them you're not pregnant. *cue maniacal laugh*
I was going to suggest the same thing as daphne. Tell them you're NOT pregnant and watch them stammer about.
You're having ANOTHER child? God save us!
Good idea, Daph! I'm also considering just giving them a puzzled look and pretending I have no idea what they're talking about.
Yes, Clint, another one. This makes a grand total of two, so I don't think we'll be taking over the world just yet. Although I could probably form a smokin' debate team. My oldest can talk faster than I can and can reason better than you can. =) Now all I have to do is teach him to pronounce "parliamentary." Cause parli rocks.
My mom said I was having twins with Joel. I know how you feel!! When he came out at 9-5, I felt somewhat vindicated.
Oh, I'd forgotten Joel was such a big boy. No, I think I'd like to stick to a 7 pounder again. Not that I get to choose.
Post a Comment