I learned a new word today. Or rather, I cemented my understanding of the definition of a word.
mem·oir (mmwär, -wôr)n.
1. An account of the personal experiences of an author.
2. An autobiography. Often used in the plural.
3. A biography or biographical sketch.
4. A report, especially on a scientific or scholarly topic.
I've heard so many definitions of this tossed around over the last three weeks I was very confused and was finally forced to go to Webster's. This is the one I'm sticking with, and I feel better now.
Having said that, Memoirs of a Geisha was a very sad, very interesting fictional story of Japan during and after World War II. Gave it a whole new spin I'd never thought of. And of course there's the geisha stuff.
1 comment:
I've been wanting to see this movie. The kids were with my parents all last weekend, but Alex was sick so we stayed in :( Hope you all are doing well!
Post a Comment